Sunday, August 29, 2010

DUST!

This place is SO DUSTY! I clean, clean, and clean some more, and minutes later there is a fine film of dust on everything. It is inescapable. At work I had to get the maintenance people come and completely cover the air conditioning vents in my office, because it was spewing out clouds of dust, and I couldn't breathe in there! This is after having them come 3 times to try and place a filter over it to catch the dust, which didn't work. The dust here is called moon dust because it is so fine. I can understand why they call it that, because when I see footprints in the dust, it always reminds me of the pictures of footprints on the moon; I haven't seen real normal sand here anywhere. Imagine a 500 billion bag of whole wheat flour full of little rocks being dumped over your country- that is what it is like. Any wind makes it hard to see outside because the dust is so fine and gets picked up easily by the breeze. Hence, there is dust on everything. In my room I have to keep everything covered (computer, etc) ot it will get covered in dust. Yesterday I saw a small twister on the other side of the base, and it was an amazing thing to see- the dust cloud it generated was very visible, and rose about 300 feet in the air. Where it touched down, it was so thick it looked like smoke billowing out of a fire. I didn't take these pictures, but this is just what it looked like. Dust, dust, and more dust--What fun!

4 comments:

  1. How annoying! How do they keep hospital/operating room clean? I never imagined that it was dust, always thought of sand grains. How do people live with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Little brother,
    You constantly amaze me. You are a hero to me. You also constantly remind me that all things are possible.

    ROCK ON!
    I Love you muchly.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah; that is the problem. It is almost impossible to keep anything clean. But we do the best we can.

    Thanks, Jan. I love you too, and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes. That would drive me crazy. Is this preparing you for Texas?!?!?

    ReplyDelete