Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cool helicopter ride













Yesterday morning when I showed up to work, I was given the chance to ride with a patient from Al Asad to another hospital - the ride only took about 40 minutes, and on the way there I didn't take many pictures as I was trying to pay attention to my patient. The patient was fine, he just needed to see a cardiologist. On the way back however, I just enjoyed the ride, looking out the side of the open helicopter and marveling at the beauty I could see. Plus it was just dang cool! I even took some video of taking off. We flew over a very large lake, and I also took a picture of the Euphrates river- quite green. Anyway, thought I would share the experience.

Video of takeoff: (must turn down volume)

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. I think you beat my Walmart fun yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that your first helicopter ride. I got mine for my 60th b-day thanks to Norm. I thought it was great. I am glad I didn't have to dress like you and carry a weapon. Great shots! What an amazing experience for you. I love you and pray for your (all you guys) safety every day.

    ReplyDelete