Friday, November 19, 2010

Al Asad Mosque

They have a mosque here on Al Asad Airbase, built during Sadam's regime. It is completely off limits, so my curiosity could not be quenched as to exactly what it looks like inside, but I suppose many non-LDS folks feel that way about our temples.
So instead, I just snapped a picture of me in front. You can tell the sun was bright and in my eyes- I am trying too hard to keep them open for the photo.
I can't recall ever seeing a mosque before, though I realize there are many in the states. But this one is an Iraqi mosque. Anyway, I thought it looked cool, so I thought I would share.

2 comments:

  1. Cool.
    We used to drive by the mosque in downtown D.C. every time I got lost...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice "the sun was in my eyes" photo. Glad to see you. Donna Bohenberger looked at your blog and said she was happy to catch up on what you are doing. She also said again how much she has enjoyed your visits to Texas.

    ReplyDelete