Sunday, September 19, 2010
Sunday Sleeping in
Today was one of those rare days where I was able to sleep in! I hope I am not making you all jealous. Most days I am up before or right around 5 am. Today was an exception. No hospital duties, church doesn't start until 1pm, and I chose not to go to the cafeteria on Sundays, but instead to eat in my room. I know we are not supposed to sleep "longer than is needful," but once in a while it is so blissfull to wake up on your own, without having an alarm clock blare at you. Even so, I didn't sleep as long as I used to be able to. I remember when I was a teen I could sleep in until 10 or 11 am. No. Now 7 or 8 is late sleeping. Still, it feels relaxing to not have to get up at any particular time, even if you get up early. To be able to take your time and revel in the simple pleasures of life: stretching, yawning, rolling over and staring at the ceiling, rubbing eyes, reading the Ensign, listening to Mormon Tabernacle Choir, etc. All in all a very good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad that you had such a pleasant day. We miss you and pray for you. XOXOXO
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to a sleep vacation when Reuben is weaned... Sleep, sleep, sleep. That reminds me... Goodnight!
ReplyDelete